Thursday 13 August 2009

More Sonisphere photos from Sunday August 2nd

Well, the Sunday of Sonisphere festival 2009 certainly made up for a disappointingly wet day the day before and I managed to charge my camera battery and had more luck in getting lots of photos of all the bands I watched.
The bands were not all on at the same time and didn't clash as with other festival line-ups, so I managed to watch almost every band on the main stage and second stage.
My highlights on Sunday were Saxon, Limp Bizkit, Alice in Chains, Mastodon and Avenged Sevenfold. I missed Buckcherry, as they were on rather early at 11.15 in the morning, but luckily I caught the band at the Kerrang! signing tent later that afternoon and got some great shots of the guys signing stuff for fans. Nine Inch Nails were rather dull, which was a big let down for fans who were eager to see Trent and Co. perform for the final time in the UK (so he is saying) and we expected a lot more action, but the set just dragged on and I ended up wandering back to the other stage to get a good view ready for Alice in Chains.
Despite having to rush off to catch a train back into London, I still caught most of Metallica's brilliant performance that night, although I still think they were better at Rock Im Park and Reading last year, they were still amazing. As I arrived at my hotel in London that night when it was almost 1.00am, Machine Head, Limp Bizkit (apart from Fred Durst who was elsewhere with his wife) and Mastodon were also all checking into the same establishment and the lobby was crazy and packed with all of us who had just come from the same place!
















To see all my photos from Sonisphere, please check out the gallery on my MySpace page here:

www.myspace.com/ontheguestlistbiz

No comments: